Even though the living room is still in need of some assistance, I busted my tail end over the weekend. Yep, I got most of our clothes washed and put where they should be, changed the water in the fish tank, *needed some help, but it was still WORK*, took out the trash, and hung different curtains up in the living room. I now have the dishes staring me down waiting to be washed and the living room to pick up. Still have the "too many toys" issue, but I will get to it. I think I am going to get some boxes after the husband comes home. I am stuck with no vehicle at the moment... which sucks.
I would so be out and about if I could be.
I really could use a new mattress. My back, every day, some days worse than others, hurts like HELL. It makes it hard to get around and do the things that I need to do to keep up with everything that I want to get done. I might take a small break and just do what needs to be done today cause it is really hurting today.
As far as the dieting, I am in major need of motivation. I am failing miserably. I need to get to the store and get some grocery shopping done. Right now, I am kinda stuck with what is in the house. I am thinking of a plan, just not sure how it is going to work. I need something that is simple, that does not starve me, and have variety and yet I can still have some of my favorite foods, without having the diet blues. I know I said that maybe something in moderation and balance. I really think that is the start.
Of all things, I am looking at a cereal box. It has daily values on the side, of what someone's intake of fats, carbs, sodium, etc. for 2000 or 2500 calorie diets.
When I look at the fat & carb intake for a day at 2000 calories, I am in serious trouble. The total fat for a 2000 calorie diet is 65g a day. Shit, one Whopper and a fry screws you over for the entire day!
One of my friends had mentioned that she is trying to 15 grams of fat per basic meal. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner) That would be an intake of 45 grams a day, which is less than you are allowed in a 2000 calorie diet. Maybe try that and maybe cut the carbs to only 200 a day or less? Carbs are the killer with me. I crave starch. I love potatoes, rice, pastas... yeah. All the carb whores :( I was doing really good on the carb diet that only allows less than 10 a day for 2 weeks, then bump it up to 50 until I said, "Heck with it, poor people need carbs." Yeah, poor man's food... pasta, rice.... meal stretchers. See, I should have just cut back, not strip it away completely or to almost nothing.
I think I might keep a journal, you know, one of those diaries, to keep track of what I am eating....hold myself accountable. I know I have got to do something. I want to be able to chase my daughter on the playground, go to her school without her playmates making fun of her fat mommy, just being able to do the things I used to before I gained all this weight. I miss being able to ride a bike, walk everywhere and anywhere I wanted to, dancing. It really sucks being big. I guess I have to get fed up enough to really make an effort. I think I am seriously there. I know the DRs have been after me about the surgery. I really do not want to go that route. I am scared of surgeries and I just can not bring myself to do it. Maybe if I have no choice? If this whole diet thing does not work, than I will. I need to try first... really try. Not just a week, not just a few days, but a real effort. I do not want my daughter to grow up without me.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment