Monday, July 1, 2013

Goals & More Goals

Hi all you out there in blog land! I finally decided to write in here again. Been a while! Anyway, thought that I would do a little reflecting and updating. Well, I was paging through my older posts and came across the one written on April 13, 2013. I saw that I had some goals set. This is what it read: ------------------------------------------------ My summer goals are: 1. Go to Waldameer and actually be able to ride the rides (Maybe next year, but one can hope!) 2. Go to the zoo with my family and actually ENJOY it and not sit out most of it like the last time. 3. Ride Presque Isle on my bike. (Loooooong ride, but I want to give it a try and see if I can do it!) 4. Be one or two sizes smaller!!! My end of the year goals? 1. JEANS!!!!!! 2. Size 18 would be awesome, smaller would be dreamy! However, I will take ANY smaller size.. lol 3. Be able to sit behind the wheel in my husband's truck and drive it! 4. Be in the 200's. (even if it is 299... still counts!) ------------------------------------------------- Well, I have hit some of these goals. Some are in the making, but I think I will knock them out of the park. These are the goals I have hit: 1. I am now officially down 2 sizes. I started out with 4-5X tops, 5-6X pants. My shirts are now 2-3X. Pants, not sure quite yet cause I have not tried anything smaller. I DID however have a wonderful NSV (Non-scale victory)! A friend of mine had a pair of jeans that I asked if I could try on. The last time I tried on a pair of jeans, I was in the store called "Catherine's" and had the largest size they make..... 38 in my hands, in hopes that they would fit. I remember being in the dressing room and I had tried them on. They didn't button... not even close. I dropped them on the floor, put my pants on, and left crying. Well, the pants she had were size 38. (Talk about flash back) Anyway, I went into her bathroom to try them on. I anticipated that they would not fit.... counting on them not to fit. Well, I was right....... they didn't fit. THEY WERE TOO BIG! I buttoned them and was able to take them off without unbuttoning them. OMG... I cried so hard. I finally was able to get those 38 pants on! We are guessing I am around a 34 now. 2. Planning on the bike ride at Presque Isle!!! Been biking here and there getting ourselves ready for it :) So, this is a goal in the making. 3. I can get behind the wheel of my husband's truck, but is still a little difficult to steer. Not too much longer though! 4. The zoo or Waldameer thing... may have to pick just one of those since finances are not on our side at the moment. So, it will be one or the other. Thinking zoo :) 5. I am now 338 pounds. 38 more pounds until my year end goal of getting in the 200s! I never thought that I would ever be this close to 200 again!!! My total weight loss is 130 pounds!!!! I lost a complete person off my back... that person was the one that was holding me down all this time.... and I was letting them! Not anymore! Now that person can take her sister with her! hahahaha. I have about 120-130 left to go. So yeah, one more person to lose :) All in all, I am actually proud of myself. Someone that could not walk in a store can now walk a mile on a track. Someone that could not put on their own shoes is now putting them on and taking off! So many changes. I was talking to some friends this evening and I realized that I will be able to PARTICIPATE in taking our daughter trick or treating. I have always drove it, and followed.... I CAN WALK IT NOW :) Gets me so emotional thinking about it. Another NSV for me today. I mowed the whole yard!!!! Took me 20 minutes, but I DID IT! Couldn't do that a year ago to save my life! I have had good days and bad days, but I try not to let it get me down. Sure, I get down once in a while... but I don't stay there. I am done with the depression that has been ruling my life. Tired of food running my life. MY LIFE... and I am the one in control. Nothing is going to take that away from me again if I can say anything about it. Not anyone, not any food, and no more being depressed. Done with it. Time for living and I am so ready for this warmer weather! I hope you all are happy, healthy, and taking care of yourselves! Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. You have come such a long way and you took every step with pride. I am proud to call you my friend and I know that you will hit all of these goals in no time. I see you hitting the 200's far sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you Thomas! I am proud to call you my friend too :) I sure hope I can reach the 200s. There are some days as of late that have been a huge struggle for me. (You know because you listen to me talk about it.. lol) You have been a great support with all of this and I appreciate you so much!

    ReplyDelete