Saturday, July 20, 2013
I Want to Smash All Scales
I have come to the conclusion that I can not trust scales to tell me the truth about my weight. No matter what I do, no matter what scale, I do not get an accurate reading to save my life. No wonder there are some people that do not even monitor their weight by the numbers... it can be very discouraging and down right frustrating! I just want to smash the little f'ers to bits!
Today was another party... make that TWO parties. Of course, wonderful food was to be had at both places. I tried to be good.... but landed myself in the 2500 calorie intake again today. 3 time this month! I am not used to eating over 1400, especially THAT much. I have got to get a grip on this shit or I am going to gain every ounce that I lost back again and then some. I do NOT want to return from where I once came. Screw that. I am just starting to gain my life back and I will be damned if I am handing it back over to my addiction. My food addiction has stole so much from me... take that back... I ALLOWED it to steal so much from me, there is no way I am letting it get away with that again. Forget that noise. I have got to really get a hold of this before I spiral out of control again. More discipline and less allowance to eat this and that. With every allowance, old habits are wanting to creep their way back and I can not have that! I was killing myself before, I am not done living and I am enjoying that I CAN live.
I guess in a way this is a pep talk to myself, but man, I have got to get a grip here. I mean, I know that by no means I am as bad as I was with food, even on my worst day as of late... but I have to protect myself from a grave error. You know how there are some people that use others. If you give them an inch, they will take a mile? Yeah. Addiction is the same way. It uses you to fulfil what it desires. If you give it a little taste of something it has been wanting, knowing it is not good, it will run with it and before you know it a bite of pleasure turns into a plate of guilt. I guess I need to put my foot down with myself and get back on track!
As far as I know, I am still losing, not gaining. Again, the accuracy of the scale I am having serious issues with. It bothers me because I would truly like to continue keeping track, but the stupid ass thing keeps telling me something different every time I step on it. (within 5 minutes or less of each time mind you)
Anyway, I am going to go. I am quite sleepy. Had a long day full of parties, people, and food. I need to wind down and start over tomorrow. Have a good night <3 Toodles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can understand your frustration with the scale. I have also been seriously contemplating throwing my scale out the window several times. What we have to remember is that the scale does not control our life and it will bounce around a lot. I tend to weigh myself two to five times when I get up and call the average my actual weight. usually it is always within a pound of my actual weight so it never makes or breaks me. I hope you find peace with some form of keeping track whether it be the scale, measuring, or pictures :)
ReplyDelete