Thursday, August 8, 2013

Down to the Brass Tacks.....

Well, I had my first real test. The test to see just how determined I am to remain faithful to my journey. As some of you know, when it comes to stress & food addiction....it can be a very bad combination. We had learned on August 5th, that my husband's father had passed away.....on July 26th. Missed saying goodbye, missed the funeral, everything. Their relationship was never the best, but they did care for each other. He was pretty upset that he was left out and not included.... especially the obituary. Needless to say, there was a high amount of stress in the house, on top of the other stresses we were having. Money is and has always been the root of stress for us. Lack of it really sucks, especially when situations such as these occur and you are pressed to find ways to get it. We needed to make a 4 hour trip where his father lived and find out what happened, and speak with the step mother as to why my husband was kept in the dark. In order to go, I sold one of my grandmother's rings. It hurt me to do it, but would hurt me more if my husband did not find some sort of peace, some sort of closure. His truck, just days before all this, was having transmission issues. The reverse was not wanting to work. Would slip and shake the truck and not want to move. Would only move slowly. Can not find a used transmission in any junk yard... and then when was located, they wanted 500 dollars for it. To rebuild it, even if we pull it ourselves and hand it to them, would be 1,300. We simply do not have that kind of money. So, with the money I got from the ring, we got a filter and some fluid and some stuff to help stop slipping and cleans the transmission from anything that may be gummed up. Hopefully, that will do the trick, but not holding my breath. So...... the next day after we found out my father in law passed.... was the bad day. Stressed, emotional, didn't care... so I ate. I ate what I wanted. I craved, I bought, I ate. By the night's end, I was at 2,104 calories for the day. That really is not bad, but for someone that is used to staying at 1600 or less, that was bad. The following day, I had a diet coke. I have not touched on in almost 2 months. It is OK though, cause I thought it was the shittiest tasting stuff created by mankind. I don't think you have to worry about me drinking it again. lol I ate really poorly, but we were on the road. Even though the choices were poor, my calorie count was only 1347. Good... but bad. However, I definitely proved something to myself. I truly got this journey. I GOT IT!!! Cause the old me, would have went insane with food. I didn't. I strayed some, yes, but I did not overindulge. All these stresses, worried about how to pay this and that, and plus what I had mentioned already..... this would have sent me so off the deep end, but I am still here, still doing my journey, and I am still happy even though things are so gloom right now. What people have to realize when they take on a weight loss journey. It is not just the weight of the fat you need to lose... you need to lose the emotional baggage, lose the negativity, and you will be like a hot air balloon. Once the last sand bag is removed, watch you just glide in the sky to admire the beauty this world has.

No comments:

Post a Comment