Monday, September 9, 2013
Long Overdue Update!
Been a coon's age since I updated this blog. Bad me. A lot has been going on but I wanted to share a few things with you guys!
Well, I went to the doctor a short while ago. Nothing bad, just the routine check up. Had blood work, etc. Well, to see the doctor's face when she saw me was worth it all. She congratulated me on my weight loss so far and said I was looking good. I at least know my weight for sure, so I was able to fix my scale at home to read right :)
On that day, I weighed 346, I now weigh 339 :) At least I am going in the right direction and I know my weight FOR SURE this time! She calculated how much weight I had lost and she was floored. Ahhhh.... but I have to tell you what the lab work said! I AM NO LONGER considered a diabetic. That's right, I beat it! :) My cholesterol is in excellent shape for once! Beat that! :) However, my liver enzymes were way abnormal. She thinks it is more than likely my gall bladder since it has been giving me trouble for a while now... or a fatty liver. I am suppose to have an ultrasound. Bad me again.... have yet to make that appointment. *sigh*
I have also met a couple goals :) We road Presque Isle bike trail, which was 13.5 miles! That was one of my goals for this summer and I did it! It was so nice to have that experience. The last time I was there at the park, I could not even get to the monument because it was too much walking. This time, I rode around it and OWNED it! :) Not only that, last weekend my husband, daughter and I went on another bike ride on the bike trail and rode 22 miles!!!! I got this! :)
Also went to a zoo with my family & friends :) Walked around and was able to enjoy myself. We were on our feet for hours! I didn't have to keep stopping and was able to thoroughly enjoy the experience.
I have other goals in mind that I would like to achieve before the end of this year.
1. Get under 300 pounds. That is going to be a doozy. I need to lose 39 pounds in 3 months. That is going to take some work. I may not reach it, but I might be close!
2. Nelson Ledges Park. Rock climbing anyone? I won't be able to do the more difficult path because we will have our daughter with us, but the easier trails, I want to go back and do :)
3. Kinzua Skyway. Put it this way. This is another doozy. I am scared shitless of heights for one. The skyway is the old train bridge that used to span across the Alleghany River in the mountains. It was the highest train bridge in the states. Well, a tornado came through and ripped it in half, so now there is only MAYBE half of it left. They turned it into a skyway so you can walk out and see the beauty of the mountains and the valley. It is only 301 feet up in the air, that's all. *blank stare*
4. Get my house in pristine shape. As a lot of my friends know, I suck at housekeeping. Main reason was it was so difficult to get around to do anything in my home, so things would get a little crazy. Now that I am 129 pounds lighter, I am able to move about a lot better. Well, sometimes I still have the 468 pound mindset. This last week when my daughter is in school and husband is at work, I have been doing stuff around the house on a daily basis. Once caught up, I am going to make a schedule for me to keep. Such and such day I mop the kitchen and the bathroom. Such and such day I vacuum and dust all rooms. Such and such day I do the laundry. You get the idea. I want to be able to keep the household moving smoothly and have a nice neat home. Been getting rid of a lot of stuff lately and it isn't done! I will get it, I will!
5. Well, I was challenged to go out dancing before the year is up by another fellow weight loss buddy. I better get my butt out there and boogie soon! hahaha
I have thought about college a lot lately. Wondering if I should go to college or go to work or both. However, I need to prove to myself that I can be active on a daily basis and handle it. I need to prove that I can get my house in shape before I take on something else. I think that is a smart choice.
Well, there you have it in a nutshell. There is my update! lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment