Saturday, May 18, 2013

"I'm Surprised I'm Not Fat...I'm Lazy Too."

Yesterday was a pretty good day... for the most part. Started off a little stressful, but ended up good. Got to visit a good friend and her family, whom I have not seen in a while. I was eating up all the compliments of my weight loss. Heck yeah! lol Makes you feel good when your hard work is noticed. If you have something good to say about my weight, carry on! I will listen! LOL I actually got to walk with my friend through her wooded area at her home. It was super! I have never been able to do it before. She was happy that I was able to. So was I! If I were told last year that I would be able to do all the stuff that I have been doing, I would have said someone was full of shit. I am simply amazed at myself. If that sounds weird, well so be it. Not the first time I have been weird... ha. After we left her house, we hit the bike trail. Got to a detour and had to take it to get the rest of the trail. Oh my god..... that incline about killed me. It was nice coming back though... coasted down it with no peddling.. haha. My legs felt like rubber. That and the fact we were on the trail for 3 hours, 10 minutes. Went 14.59 miles! My ass was kicked and I was super sore. Me and Ben Gay had a date for the evening. On the trail, we took a rest at a rest area and we ran across this young guy named Cody. He was a little odd, but a friendly sort. He was on his way out of town via the bike trail. He had about 5 more hours to go before reaching his destination. I told him I was still getting used to riding, that I had only been riding this last year because I was out of shape. Then we got on the subject of weight. I told him I had lost a lot of weight, had more to go, but was determined I was going to do it. He patted his belly and said, "I'm surprised I'm not fat cause I'm lazy too. I sit around and eat potato chips." I looked at him. Lazy? ME? LAZY!?!? At first, I thought.. "You butthole." Then, I realized he may have had a point. I AM a lazy person. I think that played a part of my weight gain, but not the whole problem. Eating, depression, laziness, etc.... all played a role in it. Hand in hand led me to 468 pounds. So, I guess he wasn't an butthole. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment